Safeguarding Policy Statement
Safeguarding Policy Statement – Mustard Seed Communities Ireland
All Mustard Seed Communities (MSC), Ireland employees and volunteers value and encourage the participation of children and vulnerable adults in our mission in Ireland and internationally. We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and vulnerable adults and are committed to their support and safeguarding. MSC employees and volunteers undertake to do all in their power to create a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults and to ensure their protection from neglect and from physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
Mustard Seed Communities Ireland is committed to:
1. Best practice in ensuring the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, protecting their rights and promoting their welfare;
2. Minimising risks in order to safeguard the interests of children and vulnerable adults;
3. Ensuring that all employees and volunteers are carefully recruited, selected, trained, supported and supervised;
4. Ensuring that all employees and volunteers are aware of, trained in and work to the policy and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults;
5. Supporting all victims of abuse;
6. Working closely with statutory authorities to ensure that all allegations of abuse aredealt with justly and promptly.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of children or young people, please contact the following Designated Liaison Officer:
This Policy for safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults aims to ensure a safe environment, where risks are minimised, where those affected by abuse are supported, where offenders are brought to account and where all allegations are dealt with justly and promptly.